Open Streets relies on the leadership of local neighborhood and merchant associations, community organizations, businesses and civic leaders to provide an array of programs and activities along Open Streets routes. Any group is free to be part of Open Streets Columbus if they are actively moving by biking, walking, skateboarding, etc. within the travel lanes.
Benefits of getting a spot include:
Increased exposure for your business or non-profit with street space
Be able to sell food or merchandise on the street
Have amplified sound on the street
Current Activity Hubs for the September 11th event are below. Keep checking back as we’re continually updating our 2016 list.
- New Belgium Zone. Play some corn-hole or attempt to ride a mini bike
- Ohio State Jump Rope and Dublin Sparks Jump Rope. Demos every thirty minutes. Don’t worry, there’ll be jump ropes for sale and to play with.
- ‘SLOGO’ Bike Race. 1-2p ONLY. Three Heats. One SLO-est winner. Must ride CoGo Bikes
- Street Scrabble is back!
- Open Streets Cbus table. Come say HI and learn more about our initiative
- Capital Area Humane Society Adoption Truck. 2-3p ONLY. Come and love on some animals that need good homes.
- ‘Barking Spots.’ Converted parking spot for your pups with shade and water bowls
- Live Art / 614Art. Local art for sale and watch live artists create in the street.
- ‘La Blast’ Dance Fitness Team. Fun, partner-free dance classes in the street. LaBlast® Fitness is a great “workout in disguise” – learn to dance ballroom dance basics of Cha Cha, Salsa, Samba, Merengue, Jive, Disco, Paso Doble and Hustle! Eight instructors will teach 20-30 min sessions throughout the day.
- The Art of Yoga. Two Sessions: 1-2p; and 230-330p.
- Sierra Club and Square One Salon will be bringing rain barrels onsite again this year having attendees artistically paint them.
- 16-bit’s hosts Four-Square.
- BBoys Break Dancing
- Roochute – giant colorful parachute will make its way up and down Fourth Street.
These are just some of the activities that’ll occur during Open Streets on Sept 11th. Have an activity? Bring it on down.
(click image to enlarge)